Friday, October 31, 2008

Week three now underway...

The sweet taste of success - well, at least in portion controlled doses!

Well, week one and two have flown by and now I have lost a total of 6.5 pounds since my start. This is what I am eating each day:

Breakfast (a choice of one of these):
1/3 cup oatmeal - about 2/3 a cup once prepared; 2 - 1" slices of cantaloupe
or
1 slice whole grain toast with natural almond butter; 2 - 1" slices of cantaloupe
large glass of water


Mid morning snack:
one rice cake with 2 tablespoons fat free strawberry cream cheese
large glass of water
daily multivitamin and B-complex

Lunch:
1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 rice cake, salad with greens, feta, red onion and balsamic/EVOO, 10 baby carrots
or
1 can tuna, 2 Ryvita crackers, and salad with greens, feta, red onion and balsamic/EVOO, 10 baby carrots

Mid-afternoon snack:
Protein shake made with skim milk

Dinner:
Lean Cuisine dinner (on rushed days with school / rehearsals)
or
4oz chicken breast with 2 servings vegetables (broccoli, cucumber, asparagus etc) and sometimes 1/2 cup plain mashed red potatoes.

Evening snack:
Crispy minis serving (crunchy dill) about 10-12 mini rice cakes is a good snack that hits a bit of a hunger spot, but gives me that "salty chips" flavour in my mouth. hit back a big glass of water after that and I am good to go.

That is a sample of my meals right now, in total, I am consuming, 1850 calories each day, 18G fat, 150g of protein.

EXERCISE:

after two months not in the gym from moving and getting settled in, today I will start up again. Some people find it easier to start working out first, then adjust their eating; I have to do it the other way around. I find if I can commit to eating well first, then the workout will be a natural outflow from that, which is definitely the case. I am feeling great this week, even though I have only lost a few pounds. I will start hitting the gym once every morning to to about 35 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training. the weights I will alternate upper body, lower body each getting in three per week, for a total of 6 days per week on weights and 6 sessions of cardio. that will jump start me for the first 4 weeks. Then I will add a second hit of cardio at the end of the day - a 20 HIT (high-intensity Interval training) session.

That's all for now...pictures to be posted later this morning.

~Big guy on a mission

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job. I thought maybe you quit already, but i'm glad to see you are still going. I was beginning to wonder where you were. Keep it up. Looking forward to seeing your progress photos.

Youthspent said...

Great job. Looking forward to seeing you drop more. Best advice is to never skip a meal or breakfast, and get your body fat percent. Sometimes it is hard to see where you are at, and where you need to be.

Unknown said...

hmmm.... so sign of you for almost a month. what gives? any updates? I hope you haven't given up.